LaunchBox Community Forums

How to assimilate and merge two seperate installs?

isamu

Hi guys, hope everyone's doing well :)

Just a quick question.... I have two separate LB builds on two different Windows machines. One on my laptop and one on my desktop. They both have a specific custom category of games I've arranged. The laptop has a custom platform category of fighting games while the desktop has a custom platform of racing games I've created. I want to sync, merge and assimilate the laptop build into the desktop one, so that my desktop build has all the custom platform categories carried over from the laptop. Is there a fairly easy way to merge two different builds of LB into one? 

I'm willing to copy my launchbox folder over from my laptop to my desktop, but where do I go from there? Keep in mind I already have all the games/roms on both machines, and although the directories and path for the both machines are the same(MAME/Consoles) for the most part, the fighting games platform path is different on my desktop. Please let me know what steps I need to do and how to proceed with this task. Thanks!

Edited by isamu