LaunchBox Community Forums

NES.EMU Help

ChaosDrop

I can't get Launchbox android and NES.EMU to play nice on my ANBERNIC RG353P [Android 11]

They both seem to use different folder selection systems which leads to Launchbox trying to lunch the roms from a path that NES.EMU doesn't have permission to use despite them pointing to the same folder.

Edited by ChaosDrop

• ChaosDrop changed the title to NES.EMU Help
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have the handheld anymore since I already handed it off to my nephew,  but I got SNES working with LaunchBox using SNEs9x... not entirely sure what version though, and can't check now since I don't have it...

For GB/NES I couldn't ever find any good free/cheap non-retroarch  options and retroarch was way to hard to read and fiddle with on a 3" screen for me to give it to a youngster, so I just didn't set LaunchBox up for them and just left them as NES.EMU...etc.

• 1 month later...

Unsure what your issue was previously but 1.5 does have some logic in it to help with .EMU emulators. I believe most of them were related to weird interaction issues they had with LaunchBox when closing the emulator. Really though I'd just bite the bullet and set up RetroArch for basically any system it emulates as it just does it better.

File system issues Launchbox and .EMU emulators aren't compatible on Android 11+ because they didn't provide the same file access / file path compatibility so lunchbox would fail to lunch the roms.

I tried RetroArch, but on tiny screens and low resource system it was substantially worse overall than the .EMU emulators and wasn't worth the trade offs to keep everything in LuanchBox by using it.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:53 AM, ChaosDrop said:

File system issues Launchbox and .EMU emulators aren't compatible on Android 11+ because they didn't provide the same file access / file path compatibility so lunchbox would fail to lunch the roms.

I tried RetroArch, but on tiny screens and low resource system it was substantially worse overall than the .EMU emulators and wasn't worth the trade offs to keep everything in LuanchBox by using it.

This was indeed fixed in version 1.5. But make sure you're running the latest version of the .emu emulators from the Play Store.