LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo CD not working

Naevius

Hello everyone!

In my Windows version of LB Neo Geo CD works perfectly. I have replicated the same settings on my android device, downloading the NeoCD core in Retroarch and putting the BIOS files in a "neocd" folder in Retroarch/systems. 

But once I try to initialize a Neo Geo CD game the screen goes black and, after a minute or two, Retroarch stops working.

Am I missing something? Am I supposed to do anything more on Android compared to my Windows settings?

1 hour ago, Naevius said:

Hello everyone!

In my Windows version of LB Neo Geo CD works perfectly. I have replicated the same settings on my android device, downloading the NeoCD core in Retroarch and putting the BIOS files in a "neocd" folder in Retroarch/systems. 

But once I try to initialize a Neo Geo CD game the screen goes black and, after a minute or two, Retroarch stops working.

Am I missing something? Am I supposed to do anything more on Android compared to my Windows settings?

You do need a BIOS file on Android for Neo Geo CD. Did you install the BIOS file to RetroArch?

Thanks for your reply Jason,

Actually I simply copied the BIOS file in my "neocd" folder in Retroarch/systems in Windows in the same directory of Retroarch on my Android device. Can I use the same files or do I need an Android version of the BIOS? I didn't install anything so maybe I am missing something here.

Edited by Naevius

On 7/2/2022 at 3:06 PM, Naevius said:

Thanks for your reply Jason,

Actually I simply copied the BIOS file in my "neocd" folder in Retroarch/systems in Windows in the same directory of Retroarch on my Android device. Can I use the same files or do I need an Android version of the BIOS? I didn't install anything so maybe I am missing something here.

I believe the same BIOS works on both Windows and Android. That's pretty much what I did. Do make sure you're running the sideloaded version of RetroArch and not the Play store version.