LaunchBox Community Forums

Almost all Big Box images broken

roaddog1088

I've only ever seen graphic issues like this due to outdated graphics drivers (normally if you are running integrated graphics, which is very common on those handheld devices), or if you have the nahimic service running in the background (which you can check within your task manager under the services tab). If you do have the nahimic service running, we recommend you remove/disable it, as it can cause graphical glitches like this in all programs created using .NET

thanks for the reply. The nahimic service is not in my list of services, I had actually checked that before from another post I came across, but i just double checked. I also updated the graphics drivers for my i9's integrated graphics and for my rtx 3080 and the problem still persists -_-. any other ideas?

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

If you are running NVIDIA control panel make sure it's isn't forcing any weird sync settings on the app as well. These tend to more harm than good when running WPF applications like LaunchBox.

Thanks for the suggestion, I disabled all the optimizations in the control panel for bigbox.exe and launchbox.exe and the problem still persists.

When updating your video drivers did you allow Windows to do it for you, or did you grab the drivers from the graphic card manufacturers website? I ask because the ones Windows applies are generally either generic drivers or really old compared to what is on their site. If you used Windows it may be worthwhile to check the manufacturers website.

12 hours ago, C-Beats said:

When updating your video drivers did you allow Windows to do it for you, or did you grab the drivers from the graphic card manufacturers website? I ask because the ones Windows applies are generally either generic drivers or really old compared to what is on their site. If you used Windows it may be worthwhile to check the manufacturers website.

yeah I went to the intel website for the integrated graphics update, and used the geforce app for the graphics card

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2022 at 8:28 AM, C-Beats said:

For me this is now solved! I am using a multi monitor setup. I was switching things around and realized I accidentally had my main display plugged into the mother board hdmi (on top of the back panel of the pc) instead of directly into the graphics card (at the bottom of the back of the pc) as intended. just that simple switch has all images now displaying properly for me! hope this helps others!