LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone have the gog medallion icon/.ico for witcher 3 goty?

klepp0906

the installer seems to be broken and all i can muster is the icon from the executable.  its goggame-1495134320.ico and looks like this image.thumb.png.7fd1a97e2a0766c2c990d3f44c27f001.png
spent some hours trying to fix it and/or source it and this is my last ditch.  i know the volume of media/assets floating around here and coupled with the popularity of the game im hoping :P

EDIT: apparently it simply does not exist.  the .ico file is deleted if you update from 1.31 to 1.32 and the icon for 1.31 is pulled from a dll which is also deleted if you patch to 1.32.  gog breaks everything on that one.   Solution, install 1.31 and dont update to 1.32.  you'll have the 
goggame-1495134320.ico but in yet another fail, they seemed to deviate from the round gog type icon that i showed in my attachment.  The default goggame-1495134320.ico is identical to the standard icon included with the exe.  I guess those medallions are remnants of an icon they were planning on and never got around to... or.. something. 

Edited by klepp0906

aaaaah, maybe that was where things got janky and confusing.  seems they included it with witcher 3 but goty just.. didnt.   i'm just trying to have a visual representation of which are GOG games if nothing else.  consistency, a bit of OCD etc :P

regardless, thank you a ton.  I appreciate it!

• Game On 1