LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox: Disable cover art background in Game Details panel

VulcanBrady

As the title says. Once I downloaded my cover art and got everything going, the Game details panel now uses a fading transparent image of the game cover art under the top of the panel.

I find this feature annoying and messy. I makes it hard for me to be able to read the title from the game detail panel. Is there a way to disable this so it's plain again like the system selection panel?

Example:

https://imgur.com/a/igoTZ7a

Thanks for the fast response! Well that sucks. Guess I'll try other themes. Where can I find info on how to create a custom theme?

Literally copying the default and removing this one thing would be perfect. Smattering random images behind dim text... Why lol

Edited by VulcanBrady

1 hour ago, VulcanBrady said:

Literally copying the default and removing this one thing would be perfect.

Copying [the 'Default' folder] and modifying one thing (in the GamesDetailsView.xaml file) is essentially creating your own custom them.  As suggested. ;) 

The line you're wanting to remove looks something like this.

<Image Source="{Binding GameBackgroundImage}" Stretch="UniformToFill" HorizontalAlignment="Center" ClipToBounds="True" UseLayoutRounding="True" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="Auto" />