LaunchBox Community Forums

how to use WASD in doom etc, instead of the cursor keys.

arthur071169

As per the subject.  Some games work much better with cursor keys and left ctrl (for example), if no mouse is required.

I am using the amazing ExoDOS project.

Doom is a nuisance because the space bar cannot be tapped with the thumb when trying to open doors 'in a hurry',

How would I configure Doom, Doom 2, quake etc to use the classic Mouse and WASD.

Many thanks for any guidance offered.

1 minute ago, arthur071169 said:

As per the subject.  Some games work much better with cursor keys and left ctrl (for example), if no mouse is required.

I am using the amazing ExoDOS project.

Doom is a nuisance because the space bar cannot be tapped with the thumb when trying to open doors 'in a hurry',

How would I configure Doom, Doom 2, quake etc to use the classic Mouse and WASD.

Many thanks for any guidance offered.

I'd just run it through GZ Doom or Retroarch, they allow remapping, as well as controller support. They also allow very high resolutions, widescreen and high framerates too.

I ended up changing the default.cfg file/s (there are a few for doom, depending on the sound card chosen at startup, and they always overwrite the default.cfg in the games folder if launching within ExoDOS menu).

change the key mapping values and boom, all is working.