LaunchBox Community Forums

Some issues using the new Default theme (Big Box 12.14)

Jav1

I'm testing the new default theme and I like it except for 2 things:

The fist one:

a.thumb.jpg.0ad453a76ed7e3a7467ecd9e76d8492b.jpg

I'd like "1" could be replaced by the 3D box intead of the 2D front box. I guess I have to edit a .xaml file in Themes\Default\Views\ but I don't know the code to be replaced. I'm using the view for games "Vertical Wheel".

The second issue is very annoying but I'm sure it has to have an easy fix: "2" is a video (the game trailer). Each time I start the game (via Steam) the audio trailer plays alongside the game audio. Isn't the audio trailer supposed to be muted as soon as I launch the game?

9 hours ago, Jav1 said:

I'd like "1" could be replaced by the 3D box intead of the 2D front box. I guess I have to edit a .xaml file in Themes\Default\Views\ but I don't know the code to be replaced. I'm using the view for games "Vertical Wheel".

Changing image type in the options should update that image, no need to alter the XAML

9 hours ago, Jav1 said:

The second issue is very annoying but I'm sure it has to have an easy fix: "2" is a video (the game trailer). Each time I start the game (via Steam) the audio trailer plays alongside the game audio. Isn't the audio trailer supposed to be muted as soon as I launch the game?

Steam can be a bit annoying in that regard. What I would assume is happening is that you launch the game and it brings up Steams stupid "loading popup" and then in the time between when it closes and the actual game is launched Big Box is regaining focus and playing the video again, and then the game loads after and Big Box doesn't recognize that fact and doesn't stop the video. We've had similar issues in the past. I'll take a look and see if there is a solid work around while we look at correcting that potential issue.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Changing image type in the options should update that image, no need to alter the XAML

I've changed the image type from Launchbox and now it shows the 3D box. That's nice. Now, is there a way to show the 2D front box only in the game details view (the view just before launching the game) while maintaining the 3D box only for the view attached before?

Steam can be a bit annoying in that regard. What I would assume is happening is that you launch the game and it brings up Steams stupid "loading popup" and then in the time between when it closes and the actual game is launched Big Box is regaining focus and playing the video again, and then the game loads after and Big Box doesn't recognize that fact and doesn't stop the video. We've had similar issues in the past. I'll take a look and see if there is a solid work around while we look at correcting that potential issue.

I've noticed that if Steam is previously closed then the video doesn't play in the background but if Steam is already opened then it plays alongside the game.

Edited by Jav1

4 minutes ago, Jav1 said:

I've changed the image type from Launchbox and now it shows the 3D box. That's nice. Now, is there a way to show the 2D front box only in the game details view (the view just before launching the game) while maintaining the 3D box only for the view attached before?

That would require altering the XAML file but it should be possible.

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Would really depend what "Game details" we are referring to. You mean the screen with options such as "Play" and "Launch Additional Applications" or do you mean the details shown while in the games wheel?

Yeah. The screen with options such as "Play" and "Launch Additional Applications", etc.

Edited by Jav1

That is driven by the TextGamesView. You are in Game Details when the "IsInGameDetails" binding is true. Otherwise you're in the Games Text List. If you wanted 3D while in the text list and 2D in the details screen you'd need to style appropriately using that binding as a style trigger.

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The Steam video issue may actually fix itself if you turn on startup screens (or at least it's worth a shot).

I confirm the video does not play in the background when startup screen is enabled. Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, C-Beats said:

That is driven by the TextGamesView. You are in Game Details when the "IsInGameDetails" binding is true. Otherwise you're in the Games Text List. If you wanted 3D while in the text list and 2D in the details screen you'd need to style appropriately using that binding as a style trigger.

Ok, I'm trying to know how it works. I've not achieved to replace the 3D box for the 2D front box ONLY in this screen yet:

b.thumb.jpg.5296e5eb65af0b28f29a8df9175d29b9.jpg

But I managed to replace the trailer by an screenshot (which I was also interested because the same trailer also appears in the screen before).

I've done this by replacing the following code in TextGamesView.xaml:

<transitions:TransitionPresenter x:Name="VideoContainer" Grid.Row="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" />

by this one:

<Image Grid.Row="1" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.ScreenshotImagePath}" />

Unfortunately I can't find the code that shows the 3D box (marked in red). Where is it?

Edited by Jav1

The highlighted item is the image view. You'd need to replace it with either an Image or FlowImage control

I replaced in ImageView.xaml:

<Image Source="{Binding ImagePath}" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="Uniform" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" MaxHeight="{Binding MaxHeight}" />

by

<Image Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.FrontImagePath}" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="Uniform" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" MaxHeight="{Binding MaxHeight}" />

But I  keep watching the 3D cover in both screens:

a.thumb.jpg.0ad453a76ed7e3a7467ecd9e76d8492b.jpg.cf254a47e601f09f9af7b53b7546dde6.jpg

b.thumb.jpg.5296e5eb65af0b28f29a8df9175d29b9.jpg.46ca76f7b3b821e7ece9bb0902b357a8.jpg

I only want to show the 2D front cover in the second screen. The first one is ok.

My apologies for not being clear. You don't want to alter ImageView.xaml at all. There is a line in TextGamesView.xaml that displays ImagesView in a transition presenter. When in Game Details you'd want to make that invisible and display the image you want in it's place.

My apologies for not being clear. You don't want to alter ImageView.xaml at all. There is a line in TextGamesView.xaml that displays ImagesView in a transition presenter. When in Game Details you'd want to make that invisible and display the image you want in it's place.

Ok, I think you are referring to this line:

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" x:Name="MainImageBorder" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageView}" VerticalAlignment="Top" />

I've tried to replace it by:

<Image Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.FrontImagePath}" />

But it shows nothing (no image). I don't understand exactly when you say "When in Game Details you'd want to make that invisible"

Sorry for being so noob. I really appreciate your help.

What I always do when debugging changes like this is start with a Label and set the background to Red (or any color really) and then see if you can see the red element. If so you know you got the control in the right spot, then you can begin trying to figure out why you could see the label but not an image.

What I was referring to regarding "InGameDetails" is that there is a binding (IsInGameDetails) that you would use in a DataTrigger inside of a style you'd apply to that presenter (or one of it's parents) so that when that binding is TRUE you'd set it's visibility to Collapsed. Then you'd have a style that does the opposite on your image (hides it when NOT in details)