LaunchBox Community Forums

New Big Box 12.14 default theme burns my CPU

whosnick

Hi,

as much as I like the new default theme of Big Box 12.14 I noticed that my fans spin up wildly when I am using this theme (on its default settings). CPU usage is really high and temperature immediately goes up to over 75 degrees. Reverting to the "Default (old)" theme resolves the problem, CPU temperature back in the 50s again.

The seems to be something really CPU heavy going on with this new theme.

I am using Windows 10 on a Ryzen 5 Pro 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

Anyone else noticed this?

Edited by whosnick

• whosnick changed the title to New Big Box 12.14 default theme burns my CPU

It's very possible that the new default theme is using images the old one didn't and is creating images in cache still which can be CPU intensive. Once it's done caching images the use would fall back down to normal. Only other thing I can think is maybe because of the increased number of animations, but it shouldn't have any huge impact on your CPU. That being said you ARE running on integrated graphics which WILL strain your CPU quite a bit more than if you had a dedicated card.