LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquee Priorities Per System (Bigbox)

garrett521

I recently installed a new LCD marquee screen.  I have set the marquee priorities in LB.  The priorities I have set are in this order:  Arcade - Marquee, Banner, Clear Logo.  My question is if there is a way to specify marquee priorities for individual systems.  For example, if I want one system to prioritize a banner, but another to prioritize a logo, can that be done?  Also, I have noticed that when a game is selected that does not have clear logo art, the default box art (regular box art, not 3D) is shown on the marquee instead of the game name, unless it is for a system that does not have default box art (see images).  Is that hard coded somewhere (as I cannot find using default box art as an option)?

20220808_105117.jpg

20220808_105239.jpg

While you cannot force specific systems to use a specific image group or image type, the marquee screen is supposed to fallback gracefully to other image types automatically.

If I remember correctly, the default game marquee xaml file will prioritize in the following order:

• Video Marquee
  • Marquee Image Group
  • Clear Logo + Background Image Group
  • Box Image Group + Background Image Group
  • Clear Logo

To make sure you are using the newest default game marquee xaml file, go into your Big Box Options, selecting the Marquee Screen section and turning on Ignore Theme Marquee Views. This will bypass the custom theme's game marquee xaml file and make Big Box use the one that comes with the default theme.

Thanks faeran!  As a part of my troubleshooting yesterday I looked in the data section for an xaml specifically for marquees, but could not find one.  Perhaps I was looking in the wrong spot.  However, I am only on 12.11 at the moment, so perhaps that file has been a recent addition via an update.  Can you confirm its location?

4 minutes ago, garrett521 said:

Thanks faeran!  As a part of my troubleshooting yesterday I looked in the data section for an xaml specifically for marquees, but could not find one.  Perhaps I was looking in the wrong spot.  However, I am only on 12.11 at the moment, so perhaps that file has been a recent addition via an update.  Can you confirm its location?

That version should have the most recent marquee stuff.

game marquee xaml files are located in:

• LaunchBox\Themes\[theme name]\Views\GameMarqueeView.xaml

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 8:49 AM, faeran said:

That version should have the most recent marquee stuff.

game marquee xaml files are located in:

• LaunchBox\Themes\[theme name]\Views\GameMarqueeView.xaml

@faeran...A couple more questions for you, regarding game marquee videos, is there a way to stop them from repeating/looping, rather just playing through once then switching to the static marquee image for that game?  Also for marquee videos, how do I make them stretch to fill the entire marquee screen?  I looked through the marquee view axml but did not see values for either of these.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, garrett521 said:

is there a way to stop them from repeating/looping, rather just playing through once then switching to the static marquee image for that game?

I don't think there's a specific property for this. You could instead either fade out the video or fade in the image after a certain amount of time using animations.

3 hours ago, garrett521 said:

Also for marquee videos, how do I make them stretch to fill the entire marquee screen?

Add the StretchVideo property to the coverFlow:FlowVideo element.

A good resource for this is the Documentation.pdf file found inside your LaunchBox\Themes folder.

@faeran Thank you sir.  For the fade in of the image after a certain time, I am assuming you are guiding me to edit the game marquee view using the CTC.  I have no experience with this to this point, so I have made several attempts at editing the default game marquee view, with zero success.  I have looked on the forum for CTC files for a theme that has a marquee view, but have yet to find one.  Is there a certain theme that you can suggest that I start with?  After watching several of your theme tutorial videos, I apparently mistakenly assumed I would be able to do this without much frustration, but that has not been the case to this point.  I am attempting to edit a game marquee view that displays a marquee video for 5-7 seconds, then stops the video and displays the static game marquee.  This is demonstrated in this video regarding the Pixelcade LCD (example starting at 0:32).  Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.