LaunchBox Community Forums

EPIC GAMES Media NOT Downloading (Through Import / "Update Metadata and Media")

edgarcastro9o9

So, I have this problem. I don't know if I'm being limited for using the free version (which I highly doubt), or if this a bug. But for some reason I cannot download Epic Games posters, logos, and screenshots neither, just the backgrounds.

This is a weird behavior, because in previous versions of LB, you were able to download all Epic Games Media for yours games, by importing your games for the first time, or downloading missing media. Any media download method was just fine. But in recent version everything goes wrong.

LB now only downloads some Epic Games posters, and just a few, the other games, despite the loading bar says that it's downloading various files, at last, no cover is being displayed, or downloaded as it said. The only way to download the missing media is manually, but listen, I have like more than 100 games, and of course I want to skip this process. So not only this is not a limitation from the free version, it's a bug that appeared in later updates, and it feels just wrong.

Now, I expect to solve this issue, or wait for a newer version. Right now I'm using 12.3 due this issue, and for now, it actually downloads media just right.

Just as another comment which is not involved in the issue: I don't feel like paying 70 bucks for BigBox, it's too expensive for me, and I only care for Launchbox, it would be great to have a cheaper option focused in the normal launcher. I love this program, but I only care for the core options that are locked in the free version, one of them is NOT BigBox.

Nothing is locked behind a paywall regarding downloading media from Epic Games, there was also no code changes to that process from 12.13 to 12.14 so unsure why you would be seeing any changes from one version to another. Can you successfully grab media for games you're having the issue with if you grab the media (or attempt to) from the Add/Edit Game window?

• 4 months later...

Well, after months of not using LB, and after updating to 13.0, now downloading Epic Games metadata works! Kinda bad that I couldn't sign in during this time, but now I can let you know I'm having fun again with LB :D

On 8/15/2022 at 8:05 AM, C-Beats said:

Nothing is locked behind a paywall regarding downloading media from Epic Games, there was also no code changes to that process from 12.13 to 12.14 so unsure why you would be seeing any changes from one version to another. Can you successfully grab media for games you're having the issue with if you grab the media (or attempt to) from the Add/Edit Game window?