LaunchBox Community Forums

"Please enter at least one applicable platform in the grid."

sgordon777

4 minutes ago, sgordon777 said:

Trying to add ROMs for a new platform, and get this confusing message after I type in my emulator name, and path to my emulator's exe (WinUAE)

In the Associated Platforms tab you have to enter the name of the platform. It must match how the name is displayed in LB/BB.

16 minutes ago, sgordon777 said:

>> In the Associated Platforms tab you have to enter the name of the platform. It must match how the name is displayed in LB/BB.

The platform isn't there yet, Im creating it!!!!

Ok, Launchbox is not telepathic, it needs to know what platform the emulator you are adding is going to be used for, it is simply asking that you specify that, in the tab which is on the same window as you are on one your receive that message. Simply click on the associated platform tab and add the platform there, in this case as it is  WinUAE, so i assume  it is Commodore Amiga or Commodore CD32, so add one or both of those to that list, and then simply click back to the previous tab. Now you have specified what platform Launchbox should load with this emulator you can finish out the add emulator wizard.

5 minutes ago, sgordon777 said:

>> SImply clock on the associated platform tab and add the platform there

There's no option to "add" a platform, only to choose an existing one, which I can't do because I am literally part-way through creating the platform. It's mind-numbingly insane...

You can literally type anything you like into the box with your keyboard.