LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box clock

Kimjongilist

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Saieno said:

I still have this issue as well @Kimjongilist but I've given up on there being a fix.

Yea, that is the boat I'm in also, when I'm browsing the games themselves the clock is right, just when I'm "a step up" in the platform and platform category view... it's a slight annoyance but nothing serious enough for me to die on a hill trying to solve it. Mostly hoping some update fixes it lol

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, faeran said:

Can anyone still facing this issue provide what Video playback engine they are using in Big Box, and whether changing to the other playback engine fixes the issue for you.

Hi Faeran. 
I'm using VLC and I just tested with Windows Media Player. No change for me, the problem is still there.
Thanks for your help and also for your work. I'm a big fan of your themes!

39 minutes ago, JaredN said:

Hi Faeran. 
I'm using VLC and I just tested with Windows Media Player. No change for me, the problem is still there.
Thanks for your help and also for your work. I'm a big fan of your themes!

This is the same for me as well. Using VLC, but also tested with Windows Media Player and no change under normal use.

However, and maybe this might provide some kind of clue @faeran but I did a RDP session to my system running BigBox and.....its working correctly in that RDP session. Not when using BigBox normally for whatever reason, but I thought I would mention it cause I wasn't expecting that (was doing some remote maintenance on the system and noticed it working as expected but its not really usable in a RDP session of course)

Also using VLC here but tested with WMP, and there is still the issue with the clock. I also notice when scrolling there is a slight visual glitch on all themes where it looks like a game title is highlighted that isn't in the center of the scroll wheel, like the highlighted game is jumping up and down the list and scrolling doesn't appear smooth you can see in this clip: especially near the end of the video 2023-01-27 18-50-32.mkv

1 minute ago, Kimjongilist said:

Also using VLC here but tested with WMP, and there is still the issue with the clock. I also notice when scrolling there is a slight visual glitch on all themes where it looks like a game title is highlighted that isn't in the center of the scroll wheel, like the highlighted game is jumping up and down the list and scrolling doesn't appear smooth you can see in this clip: especially near the end of the video 2023-01-27 18-50-32.mkv

The odd scrolling happens no matter which theme I use, however I notice that the clock works correctly only when I'm the Refried theme.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:12 AM, Saieno said:

This is the same for me as well. Using VLC, but also tested with Windows Media Player and no change under normal use.

However, and maybe this might provide some kind of clue @faeran but I did a RDP session to my system running BigBox and.....its working correctly in that RDP session. Not when using BigBox normally for whatever reason, but I thought I would mention it cause I wasn't expecting that (was doing some remote maintenance on the system and noticed it working as expected but its not really usable in a RDP session of course)

Does switching to the refried theme fix the clock issue for you as well @Saieno

38 minutes ago, Kimjongilist said:

Does switching to the refried theme fix the clock issue for you as well @Saieno

It does not. To clarify my earlier post, I believe it might be a situation with user sessions, though I'm not sure. I only have one user, but when entering a remote desktop session it works, and when leaving the remote desktop session it no longer works. Very strange.

• 1 month later...