LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch no keyboard keys anymore

DeadVoivod

I use RA mainly to test games, like versions, translations or if the games are even working. So I start RA, drag&drop the game and use the spacebar to speed it up. I use F for fullscreen or F1 for menu toggle f.ex.

I set up a controller with RA now, which works fine, but my keyboard is not working anymore. I don't want to pick up the controller and switch it on every time I test some game. What is the issue? 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 11:43 AM, DeadVoivod said:

I use RA mainly to test games, like versions, translations or if the games are even working. So I start RA, drag&drop the game and use the spacebar to speed it up. I use F for fullscreen or F1 for menu toggle f.ex.

I set up a controller with RA now, which works fine, but my keyboard is not working anymore. I don't want to pick up the controller and switch it on every time I test some game. What is the issue? 

Thanks 

Since toggling full screen, the menu, and fast forwards are all hotkeys that may suggest the hotkeys got changed for those actions. you can have multiple inputs do the same hotkey output. for example, F key on the keyboard, and any button (or trigger or joystick too I believe) on the controller could simultaneously both be made to toggle fullscreen. if you went about this where you removed the keyboard key to replace it with the controller button, that would explain why the keyboard doesn't seem to work for that stuff anymore.

Check hotkeys under Settings > Input > Hotkeys. Change them to your desired keys and make sure to save the config file prior to exiting Retroarch

Edited by skizzosjt

I disabled the hotkey now, then the keyboard works fine. But now I don't have hotkey on my controller. Would be nice to set up hotkeys per peripheral. Or like the hotkey ONLY works for the controller and the keyboard stays untouched, because why would I need to have hotkeys enabled for my keyboard?