LaunchBox Community Forums

B Button doesn't go back anymore!

JHub87

In bigbox the B button starts a game instead of going back to the prior menu.  I tried to replace the InputBindings.xml from an old backup, but that didn't work.  When i go to options / controller mapping everything looks fine.  Please help.

Edited by JHub87

• JHub87 changed the title to B Button doesn't go back anymore!

I can but I can't assign the A button because it just goes back to the controller input instructions and leaves the binding blank.  Plus the bindings look fine.  It's so strange.

I also just noticed that the A button goes to the game menu instead of just playing the game.  What's going on here??

4 minutes ago, JHub87 said:

Plus the bindings look fine.  It's so strange.

I also just noticed that the A button goes to the game menu instead of just playing the game.  What's going on here??

Have you switched controllers since doing the mapping in BigBox? This sound like you switched from a Xbox (xinput) to a Playstation (dinput) controller. You can't mix xinput and dinput controllers for navigating BigBox as those controller api's use different button numbers. i.e. On Xbox controllers button A = button 1 but on Playstation controllers the X button = button 2.

I have a playstation controller, but I don't remember using it to navigate bigbox or play any games.  I on;y use my xbox controller.  My controller is set to: xinput.  I noticed that the B button actually does go back but it also starts the game.  I'm baffled.

You can redo the bindings.

While BigBox or LaunchBox aren't running delete InputBindings.xml from the LaunchBox\Data folder. If after that you start LaunchBox again a new InputBindings.xml will be created.

*BTW*

Are you using any keymapper software like JoyToKey? That can mess things up also.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord

24 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I'd make sure you don't have Steam running then try again. We've had several users in the past have issues like this while Steam is running. By default it does a lot of logic with controllers while the client is up that messes with other applications some times.

BINGO!  Thank you so much!!!