LazerTag

Hi all,

I have games in folder structure like this

GameName/game.iso

And when needed

GameName/disc2.iso

My questions

Will these show as two separate games?

Do they get named the folder name, ie.  'GameName',  if I have 'Use folder name' checked?

Neither of these seem to be working if that is the case.  When my scan finishes if I have 'Combine' on I end up with just two games listed named the same as the iso file names and of course no metadata is found.  If I leave 'Combine' off I have the same list named for the iso file but multiples of course since they were not combined.

thanks!

LazerTag

@LazerTag I have not tested this specific scenario, but it sounds like you have, and I'm not surprised that it's not working. I know that the disc parsing mechanism at least will not work in this scenario. To be honest, I haven't heard a report from anyone else that they're using this filename format, so it is unlikely that we'll be adding support for it soon.

Thanks for the reply.  It's not so much the disc parsing but do I understand the 'Use folder name' feature properly?  Maybe I am misunderstanding its use.

If I have each rom, for any system, in it's own individual folder, the name of the folder is what should be used as the title? 

Not sure if it helps, but I ran a test with the folder structure you presented, using the subfolder and folder name options, and it seemed to use the folder names just fine.

However, keeping your files in this state can definitely cause you some headaches. You may want to think about switching to a more standard naming convention like no-intro/redump.