LaunchBox Community Forums

Upgrading

Jasie_baby

Hi Folks, I wonder if you can help me ?

I have an arcade cab that is running a licensed version of Bigbox .. Ver11.8 on a system that was "purchased" from a vendor.

I have discussed upgrading with them, but they have no plans to go through testing and to guaragtee the upgrades.

I would like to upgrade to the latest version, but obviously donot want to loose anything that is currently installed, as the system is working great.

is there a progressive upgrade path I should follow ? or should I just install the latest version ?

9 hours ago, Jasie_baby said:

Hi Folks, I wonder if you can help me ?

I have an arcade cab that is running a licensed version of Bigbox .. Ver11.8 on a system that was "purchased" from a vendor.

I have discussed upgrading with them, but they have no plans to go through testing and to guaragtee the upgrades.

I would like to upgrade to the latest version, but obviously donot want to loose anything that is currently installed, as the system is working great.

is there a progressive upgrade path I should follow ? or should I just install the latest version ?

You may want to find out whether you have a regular license or a forever-updates license, before going through the process of upgrading. The vendor would have had to purchase a license just for you, as there's no such thing as a vendor specific license. If you have any questions about your license, you can reach out to support@unbrokensoftware.com

• Like 1

5 hours ago, faeran said:

You may want to find out whether you have a regular license or a forever-updates license, before going through the process of upgrading. The vendor would have had to purchase a license just for you, as there's no such thing as a vendor specific license. If you have any questions about your license, you can reach out to support@unbrokensoftware.com

Thanks, Ill do that. Ill be honest, the cost of the licenses is not a show stopper anyway, so it may be easier in the long run, as I intend to develop and tweek the cab further to purchase my own forever license

14 hours ago, C-Beats said:

If you're on 11.8 you should be good to just grab the latest installer and run it over your current install. You won't lose any data during the upgrade installation.

Brilliant, thankyou for the confirmation.
I need to email details of the licenses, and maybe go down the route of getting my own forever license for the cab while im at it