LaunchBox Community Forums

How to correctly update MAME fullset

legolas119

Hi,

even if i monthly update my MAME fullset, i don't load it in LB monthly. Usually i update it in LB a couple of times for year. Now, LB changed some functionalities to update MAME. Is this process correct?

1) Update MAME fullset with CLRMAME

2) in LB: Tools --> Download --> Force Update Game Database Metadata

3) Select MAME platform --> right click --> Delete  (chosse "NO" into the 2nd pop up in order to avoid to delete all the media files!). Close LB and manually delete all the MAME playlist .xml files

4) Open LB --> Choose MAME full import --> choose the roms path and latest MAME version available in LB (usually it is the latest one released) --> choose the 2nd option:

Cattura.png

5) uncheck ALL the media files download (as they are already available and i will update only the new games during the following steps) and uncheck "Remove roughly-matched duplicate images" (as i will clean duplicate images lates, with the specific function)

Cattura2.png

6) Check NONE into the following option too (in order to avoid to download again ALL the media files):

7) I avoid to download Bezels as i don't have Retroarch and i already have into my MAMEUI collections the flyers and so on, so i don't want to overwrite them.. I suppose i have to choose if i can view bezels or flyers and so on when i play MAME games.

8 ) choose which games category to skip and i leave this as default:

Cattura4.png

9) At the end of the process, i have to manually modify the Parent path of every playlist (39 times...) in order to insert every playlist undert the MAME parent. In this way:

Cattura5.png

10) Then, push CTRL + A in order to select ALL mame games just imported and "Tools --> Download --> Update metadata and Media for selected games"  in order to download all the missing media in particular for the new games added

Is this the right process?

thanks!