LaunchBox Community Forums

"Play Version ..."; "Launch With ..."

SiriusVI

Hey everyone,

Launchbox allows us to assign multiple emulators to the same platform (e.g. Dolphin retroarch and Dolphin standalone for gamecube and wii games). You can select which emulator you want a game to launch with by right-clicking and choosing "Launch With ..." in Launchbox.

When importing different versions (e.g. regions) of a certain game into Launchbox, you can choose which version to launch by right-clicking and selecting "Play Version ...".

However, what we cannot do (or at least I haven't found a way) is to launch a specific version of a game with a specific emulator. Let me give you an example:

Say I have both the US and the Japanese Version of Zelda Twilight Princess for Gamecube imported into Launchbox, and I have assigned both the retroarch Dolphin core as well as the standalone version of Dolphin to my Gamecube platform.

I would now like to be able to decide on the fly which version I want to play with which emulator. So US --> Retroarch, US --> Standalone, JAP --> Retroarch, JAP --> Standalone.

Is there any whay to achieve this?

On 9/24/2022 at 11:21 PM, Rlad said:

You can set which emulator you want for each version in Additional Apps using the Edit Application menu, on the fly though i guess not.

Hmm, I'd like to change it on the fly, because I have different retroarch instances configured for different controller types (e.G. Original SNES controllers and so on). I'd like to be able to decide on the fly if I want to play USA, EU or JAP version with an XBOX One controller, SNES controller, Arcade Stick, and so on.

Bummer this doesn't work.