LaunchBox Community Forums

Category detects 0 games in Big Box, total game count metadata trouble

skizzosjt

I created a custom category for playlists. I called it Collections and have several game series playlists nested under this category in the category/platform tree. All the playlists properly detect that they have games in it, and all my other categories (consoles, handhelds, etc) detect games, but for some reason I don't know why this one category I made doesn't work in Big Box when it comes to detecting the games. It always brings up zero instead. I don't know enough if this is an issue because how I set it up. Making sure it wasn't theme specific I did try Retro Console since that theme also lists total games and it has this same issue with detecting no games for this one custom category. So not theme specific, likely I did something wrong and I turn to you all for some help!

For example. The category and the individual playlists work fine displaying this metadata value in LaunchBox

image.thumb.png.7a2d5552c46fd1dee751162263d7af80.png

image.thumb.png.8be4d2c121237883dd8cd8a9f5619977.png

However, things don't quite work right in Big Box for me. The Collection category detects nothing so displays 0 games for the count

image.thumb.png.010743ec5d2b2a66de047955464d8062.png

But if you go into the Collections category, all the playlists list their total games properly. So I'm not sure why the category isn't picking up this data? It is supposed to be the total game count metadata

image.thumb.png.c3d50fbeed4352c5b5be61dd246eefa5.png

Showing the category/platform tree here. This is how I setup the playlists, each nested into the Collections category

image.thumb.png.b6af12efbda538257223b45824c0f585.png

If you have any advice, I'd appreciate your help! Thank you for reading!

Edit: Clarifying I can select and launch all the games in the playlists from the Collections category. It's just this one category that doesn't properly read and display the "total game count" metadata that I'd like to fix

Edited by skizzosjt

Can you try to do the following for me and let me know if it corrects the issue you're seeing?

Open LaunchBox
Go to Tools > Options
Go to the Visuals > Filter Side Bar page
Enable "Show Counts" and press OK
Go to the Platform Category sidebar filter
Select the category whose number is incorrect
See if the number is correct there
Close LaunchBox
See if the metadata is present now in Big Box

11 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Can you try to do the following for me and let me know if it corrects the issue you're seeing?

Open LaunchBox
Go to Tools > Options
Go to the Visuals > Filter Side Bar page
Enable "Show Counts" and press OK
Go to the Platform Category sidebar filter
Select the category whose number is incorrect
See if the number is correct there
Close LaunchBox
See if the metadata is present now in Big Box

Hi C-beats thanks for taking a moment to help! I have tried your suggestion but the problem persists in Big Box. The total game metadata still seems to function OK in LaunchBox for me though. Some more screen shots for reference.

Still looking ok in LaunchBox. I notice the checkbox you had me tick adds the qty of games in parenthesis so that also is working ok here

image.thumb.png.36c936577e1cd983fb547a32de0bd189.png

image.thumb.png.d3f38f3d19654bbcdd15d3a3458ef9e6.png

But Big Box is the one that still doesn't want to read or display this data for the custom Collection category

image.thumb.png.cddd98300fa1d5c75d4491edba799af4.png

And want to show here again if I select into the category Collections the individual playlists do list their total game count OK

image.thumb.png.4c71ac4ff1306ee1c1bcc309a3e89de2.png

Please let me know if there is anything else I can try or share to help with troubleshooting. Thanks again!