LaunchBox Community Forums

issue with DosBox/Retroarch > Launchbox

fotiosmark

So i am burning the midnight oil to understand how this works.

Launchbox opens Ms Dos games just fine no problem. When I run them I see a small window for DosBox and the game starts. I have configured Launchbox to open these with Retroarch which I have downloaded the DoxBoxPure Core! So far so good.

Now, from retroarch I can open the Quick menu if I want to make any changes for the game (Video/Shaders/Input etc) but from LaunchBox I cannot do the same, so my question is this.

How can I make changes for any game through Launchbox? Ex - I have Command and Conquer which I would love to change a bit the resolution display, but through Launchbox I cannot really edit anything.

Now If I open Retroarch and do the changes there and then exit the game and run it from Launchbox, the changes doesn't really reflect there.

Any ideas?

When you run RA DosBox it is a completely different version of DosBox than the one that runs natively with LB.  The emulation cores that are in RA are going to have a lot more that you can configure, which is just a benefit of RA.  You can go into LB options > Tools > Manage > DosBox to get to the configuration options for the basic version of DosBox that comes with LB, but the options are pretty limited.

Thank you drybonz.

I figured it out eventually exactly what you said. The issue is that I unzip the games and some of them need mounting and add into LB, so they run through dosbox natively.

To run from RetroArch then I need to zip and add as Rom/MS-DOS/RetroArch.

But my issue is that many games do not run as zip...it cannot find an executable which doesn't make sense.

Thanks