LaunchBox Community Forums

Core management

Browser Hound

Trying to get Launchbox for android to work with RetroArch plus for android.

When adding games and emulators, launchbox will suggest a core (or two) for the game or group of games. But when I use retroarch I cannot find the suggested core, the names are different. Launchbox will use the name of the core and RetroArch will name the cores by console. This results in installing cores or emulators which don't work or are not needed.

Is there any guide or list that will match emulator, core and console so that I can better choose the emulator in retroarch, or can Launchbox select the core for RetroArch to download rather than me searching and selecting the core.

1 hour ago, Browser Hound said:

Trying to get Launchbox for android to work with RetroArch plus for android.

When adding games and emulators, launchbox will suggest a core (or two) for the game or group of games. But when I use retroarch I cannot find the suggested core, the names are different. Launchbox will use the name of the core and RetroArch will name the cores by console. This results in installing cores or emulators which don't work or are not needed.

Is there any guide or list that will match emulator, core and console so that I can better choose the emulator in retroarch, or can Launchbox select the core for RetroArch to download rather than me searching and selecting the core.

@Browser Hound First off, you will save yourself some grief if you uninstall your version of RetroArch that is from the Play Store, and install the sideloaded version instead. This is because Google's overbearing policies for apps on the Play Store often break a lot of the cores, so the best RetroArch experience is only available when sideloading. You might find missing cores that way too.

There is not a guide, but if you're confused, honestly the best thing to do is just to download all cores for a system inside of a RetroArch. That's pretty easy and avoids any confusion.