LaunchBox Community Forums

Dual monitor feature not working ok

exodus_cl

I was checking some old threads where a couple of users said it was fixed by setting the same DPI, but this is not my case so I was wondering if there's any news about this (the thread I read was from 2019)

I'm using a 4k tv as main monitor + a thin lcd 1920x480 and no matter what config I use, the 2nd bigbox window shows only on the TV (behind main bigbox window).

I have changed DPI, Resolution and orientation to match both screens with no luck, so any help is appreciated!

6 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

What do your settings look like under Options, General for Marquee Screen?

image.thumb.png.85f6af65f776d4efbceb813215f5191d.png

Hey @JoeViking245 mine is just like the example you posted. I also have played with the screens position in windows, no dice so far.

image.thumb.png.f002c36edc30f10eab303a77fe992c74.png

The 2nd BigBox Window is stuck in the upper left corner of the main (TV) screen

#2  (the 4k TV) is selected as main screen.

image.png

Edited by exodus_cl

The screen positions you show with the marquee on the right, and lined up on the top, is how you want them set in Windows.  So that part's good.

For troubleshooting, if you go to Options in BigBox and set marquee to None, does everything look as it should?  As in, the TV is showing BigBox and the marquee shows nothing?  I ask because in BB you have your Primary Screen set to "1" and in Windows, your TV is "2".  I know what Windows "says" isn't always as we see it, hence the test.

(Assuming that's all good...) Someone on Discord said they fixed their marquee issue by shutting down Windows, powering off and physically disconnecting the marquee from the computer, restarting the computer, and then reconnecting the marquee after Windows is all booted and turn it on. 

This might change "2" and "1" to "1" and "2" and you may need to move the marquee so it's positioned like you image above.

On 10/9/2022 at 1:08 PM, JoeViking245 said:

The screen positions you show with the marquee on the right, and lined up on the top, is how you want them set in Windows.  So that part's good.

For troubleshooting, if you go to Options in BigBox and set marquee to None, does everything look as it should?  As in, the TV is showing BigBox and the marquee shows nothing?  I ask because in BB you have your Primary Screen set to "1" and in Windows, your TV is "2".  I know what Windows "says" isn't always as we see it, hence the test.

(Assuming that's all good...) Someone on Discord said they fixed their marquee issue by shutting down Windows, powering off and physically disconnecting the marquee from the computer, restarting the computer, and then reconnecting the marquee after Windows is all booted and turn it on. 

This might change "2" and "1" to "1" and "2" and you may need to move the marquee so it's positioned like you image above.

Hey joe! sorry for the late reply, I just tested all you told me to and the problem still persists, it's like BigBox does not know the second screen's position or number and just sends both windows to the same main screen... pretty weird stuff.