LaunchBox Community Forums

New feature request for plugin API to close big box and shutdown windows

Fry

I’ve created a new feature request in bitbucket for the ability of plug-ins to gracefully close big box and shutdown windows as if a user had manually gone to the settings menu and selected shutdown. The value in this feature would be for people with arcade cabinets who can use bios settings to automatically boot windows at a certain time and then a plugin could be developed to automatically shut windows down at a certain time. If you’re so inclined, please vote for the request here: 

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/7335/exit-and-shutdown-from-plugin-api

I'd like an API to be able to remotely tell LB/BB to launch a game.  (dual cabinet multiplayer netplay action).

I have it working via AHK scripts, but an API to get LB/BB to launch it would be so much cleaner, and would allow it to fire up the game marquee and ledblinky support via LB/BB.