LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Genesis categories help

Vlahka

Hope this is in the right section.  I recently installed launchbox and have been fiddling a little with it.  I ported in my arcade roms and everything was fine.  I decieed to do my genesis roms just for fun and noticed the emulator didnt make any categories for it like it did with the arcade.  So no platform, shooter etc just genesis all in one.  Is there a way to get categories for this and are there other systems I should be aware of that might not have catgeories or you need to do something specific to get them?  Thanks for the help.

57 minutes ago, Vlahka said:

Hope this is in the right section.  I recently installed launchbox and have been fiddling a little with it.  I ported in my arcade roms and everything was fine.  I decieed to do my genesis roms just for fun and noticed the emulator didnt make any categories for it like it did with the arcade.  So no platform, shooter etc just genesis all in one.  Is there a way to get categories for this and are there other systems I should be aware of that might not have catgeories or you need to do something specific to get them?  Thanks for the help.

You will need to make those yourself, MAME is the only platform that we auto do that for, and thats simply cause the MAME emulator itself contains all that info, so its easy to do. Games for other platforms would be relying on the info in our game database, that may be incomplete.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You will need to make those yourself, MAME is the only platform that we auto do that for, and thats simply cause the MAME emulator itself contains all that info, so its easy to do. Games for other platforms would be relying on the info in our game database, that may be incomplete.

How would I go about doing something like that.  And is there a place where people upload ones they've created, if thats possible.