LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Bezel Configuration

davidgrohl

Hi all,

I'm having troubles to activate bezels in retroarch. I added Sega Genesis to my configuration. LB recognised roms and downloaded all images, metadata and Bezels. I launched a game, pressed F1 to enter Retroarch menu, went to on screen overlay menù and enabled display overlay. The problem is that I cannot see any bezel. If I go to overlay preset menu and select the bezel file for that game, i see it correctly. The problem in this case is that when I launch a game that dosen't have a bezel I continue to see the first bezel i setted up besides to se the generic megadrive bezel.

How can I solve?

14 minutes ago, davidgrohl said:

> Could you explain me how can I verify this setting?

If you look in your Retroarch -> config -> corename folder you will see overrides you have saved. (.cfg files)

One named the exact same as the core name applies to all games run by that core, a game specific named overrides that and applies to a specific game. Any other named ones are directory overrides that match a folder.

The order they are applied is core -> directory -> core

If you look at the files, right near the top, likely the first line is the overlay file it is set to use.

The easier method is just pick your overlays in Retroarch, bring up the Quick menu, go to Overrides and make sure to pick the correct override you want. It will replace any previous saved version and correct any mistakes you made. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Are you 100% sure you are checking the right location of Retroarch?

Did you install Retroarch using LB's bult in installer or from a manual install of Retroarch? Do you have both installed by chance?

I installed it from LB (I’m pretty sure). Can I uninstall and reinstall? 

pls help , i downloaded bezzels for all my platforms and games , i use with retroarch via launchbox newly added BezelProject BP , but now im trying to replace them with retrolust's bezzels overlays , and its nearly impossible to figure out how :(

i tried my luck with n64 , deleted everything under game bezels\n64\ folder and the n64 .cfg and png file inside overlays folder in retroarch , but when i load a game from launchbox , and choosing the retrolust's n64 cfg. overlay preset , i cannot save it upon exit game and retroarch , its shows properly but cannot save when exiting retroarch PLS HELP :((

why is that so hard to figure out ??:(

14 hours ago, davidgrohl said:

Try to save using override option in quick menu. 

Thanks alot , turns out the problem was , the , individual per game .cfg files, in the ''config'' retroarch's folder :) :P , once i deleted them i was able to reconfigure per core with the acording platform bezzels themes <3 

Now il will try my neo geo MVS and AES , witch seems like the hardest one to do (at least for me , im so bad at these things :) ) 

Thanks for your help and the very quick reply <3 

• Thanks 1