LaunchBox Community Forums

Default filter upon launch?

51mm5

Launchbox used to open in my last used filter (which is usually favorites) but now it opens with the platform filter by default.  What determines what the filter it defaults to based on filter used upon closed and opening?  Is there anyway to pick the default filter upon launch?

Also is there a way to get it to default to 'Yes' when the Favourites filter it used?

Edited by 51mm5

1 hour ago, 51mm5 said:

Launchbox used to open in my last used filter (which is usually favorites) but now it opens with the platform filter by default.  What determines what the filter it defaults to based on filter used upon closed and opening?  Is there anyway to pick the default filter upon launch?

Also is there a way to get it to default to 'Yes' when the Favourites filter it used?

LaunchBox will save the last filter from the dropdown filter list you are under upon a successful shutdown of the program. However, are you referring to the dropdown filter options, the on-the-fly filter button, or Arrange By Favorite option?

On 10/21/2022 at 8:05 PM, faeran said:

LaunchBox will save the last filter from the dropdown filter list you are under upon a successful shutdown of the program. However, are you referring to the dropdown filter options, the on-the-fly filter button, or Arrange By Favorite option?

Thanks.  What is considered successful shtdown of the program?  Is there a set method so it saves the filter?  I'm referring the the dropdown filter on the top left

19 hours ago, 51mm5 said:

Thanks.  What is considered successful shtdown of the program?  Is there a set method so it saves the filter?  I'm referring the the dropdown filter on the top left

When you close LaunchBox, it does a bunch of closing process behind the scenes. During this time, you'll see LaunchBox still in the task manager. Once it leaves the task manager, then all the things it needed to do was successful. This includes saving the filter you were last on, like being on the Favorites section:

image.png.14ff47d0d62bebe037ba575d060ab355.png

If that is not happening, you may have something fishy going on within your LaunchBox\Data folder.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 51mm5 said:

Maybe I'll try closing launchbox first then give it a few moments before I shutdown to see if this helps?

You should do that with any program, many save data when exited and shutting down the PC is not exiting a program, its really no different than pulling the power lead, so not advised.

• Like 1