LaunchBox Community Forums

Libretro Swanstation and Doom for Playstation issues...

DarkMatterDM

Well I have tried ePSXe, Duckstation, and now Libretro Swanstation.  Each give me the same issue:  PS BIOS comes up with Playstation logo, Williams logo loads up, then I get the small "Loading...".   This is where I'm stuck.

My .cue file is Doom.cue.  I have 8 .bin files named:  Doom (USA) (Track1)....through Doom (USA) (Track8).  I have opened up the .cue file in Notepad++ and I don't see anything named incorrectly.

The only fix that I have seen after scouring the Internet for the past 2 hours is a somewhat vague solution post where you rename your .bin files....:

Doom and Final doom use relative paths to play music files. Game hangs to the [ LOADING… ] screen due to a bad file naming. Make sure your .bin files are named exactly like this : PSXDOOM.bin or PSXFINALDOOM.bin , otherwise game wouldn’t find the path to the intro music it’s supposed to play after the loading screen (PSXDOOM\CDAUDIO\DOOMMAIN.RAW).

As I said that explanation/solution is confusing to me.  I see 8 bin files..am I supposed to rename them all?

Anyone get this to work?  BTW, I get the exact same thing with Final Doom for Playstation.  It gets stuck on the "Loading..." part as well.

Edit:  I saw a possible solution saying to only copy .cue files into to Games directory for the specific system.  

Edit#2:  So I started up Duckstation manually from its folder, I went to the Doom game in the list, Right-Clicked "Full Boot" and it loaded up properly...

Edited by DarkMatterDM