LaunchBox Community Forums

help with mame roms importing

z1rick

Complete new guy. I have setup launch 13 imported most of the roms. I am trying to import a mame full rom set and keep getting the message "This folder does not contain a full rom set" I found a post on this forum with a link to the mame full rom sets, .250. which I downloaded. I also added the emulator MAMEEUI_64bit.exe. I am on a PC with windows 11 64 bit. I tried importing the zipped file, and I tried unzipping the file before importing. neither option worked. Any help would be appreciated. I found the roms through this post "Where to get the latest Mame sets (Guide)" downloaded the recommended files, added the file folder to launchbox/games folder, still have the same message.

Edited by z1rick
update information.

Yes, I watched the video, put the unzipped file in a folder, inside of the games folder of Launchbox. browesed to it and launchbox showed it was a mame 0.250, but when I click next I get a message stating that there are no complete mame rom sets in the folder.

14 hours ago, z1rick said:

Yes, I watched the video, put the unzipped file in a folder, inside of the games folder of Launchbox. browesed to it and launchbox showed it was a mame 0.250, but when I click next I get a message stating that there are no complete mame rom sets in the folder.

That error message indicates that you have pointed to a folder that does not contain a full MAME Romset. Since the wizard is only designed to work with a full set, it will not continue. If you only want to import some MAME ROMs, you should be using the ROM Import wizard. And yes, MAME ROMs are designed to only work if not unzipped.

Thank you for the response, as I mentioned, I found a post on this forum which stated that full ROM sets can be downloaded from a link in the post. I downloaded the exact file listed as a full ROM set Merged. Also, when I try to import roms, there is no folder option for MAME or Arcade to put the ROMS in, the only options are a list of game consoles, Windows, and Android. Since they are Arcade games I don't think I should place the ROMS into Atari Jaguar for example.

Also, I have tried several Full MAME sets from other sources, but get the same message.

As I mentioned also, I am running Windows 11 and wonder if this is the issue. The actual gaming PC wil run windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I;m just setting up the gaming drive with my laptop, while I wait for my new processor.

Thank you for your help