LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Media Projects Master List

Retrofrogg

With various people working on various game media and box art projects (in particular with the 3D box model functionality with spines etc), what seems to be lacking is a central spreadsheet or similar where this work can be methodically documented and collated - in particular to avoid duplication.

This thread could be a start of something like this.

Anyway, I've started on work on game box art for the Nintendo NES (North America region). I plan to create front, back and spine (hopefully all 4 spines) images that can then be used to construct the 3D model. These images exist to some degree already - though my set will be "realistic" - based on original box scans - and not cleaned, airbrushed or Photoshopped. The aim is to have the 3D model look like the actual physical cardboard box rather than a computer generated model.

• Like 5

I'm currently working on an Amiga 3D box set (traditional style) with realistic box spines.   I've made it as far as the  W's, so I would say I'm around a month away from completion.

I may look at converting to full 3D boxes in the new year depending on how 3D box feature develops.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 8:24 PM, edgemundo said:

I'm currently working on an Amiga 3D box set (traditional style) with realistic box spines.   I've made it as far as the  W's, so I would say I'm around a month away from completion.

I may look at converting to full 3D boxes in the new year depending on how 3D box feature develops.

Looking forward to having a look on it. I would love you check it out, only if you like. Have you completed it yet?

• Like 1

I'm still working through the W's I'm afraid.  I'm on holiday as of tomorrow though, so should be able to spend a lot more time finishing the set off.  I think after a final search for missing titles, and a clean up of some of the poor quality box spines,  I should be able to release the pack early Jan.

image.thumb.png.64645fb5deaad8c64864fd93f36199ba.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1