LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME in retroarch?

Zayd47

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

You can use either. We typically recommend standalone Mame. RA actually has several Mame cores as some are for older specific Mame rom sets. You are not locked into either option, but the best recommendation is standalone Mame. 

Thank You for the explanation brother,In other thing is what's final burn neo?Im sorry for the question.

13 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Final Burn Neo is a continuation of Final Burn Alpha which is an arcade emulator much like Mame. FBN runs better on lower end hardware but it doesn't emulate has many games. The rom sets for FBN are also much smaller downloads.

Whoa...Thank You for this master,You must be legend of many games 😅

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

It does emulate consoles as well but I would suggest sticking to other emulators such as Mesen for NES.

Got it,I will stick to it but since retroarch have multiple core for those various games,For example i wanted to play fbn game itself should i use retroarch core or standalone fbn?

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

I would use the RA core, stand alone FBN can be a bit funky to setup and get working properly through a frontend.

Thank You for the anwsers,Im sorry for my many questions.Im still green with this emu thing.I haven't had any chances to play all of these games since my childhood times.