LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox android, scrapper missing to pick up existing media files in 2 categories

Flyojumper

Assuming the arts are properly named and placed in the appropriately named folders, the scrapper can pick up corresponding game arts (and even videos) in all but 2 categories. For some reason it doesn't pick it up in the "Game title screenshot image" and  "Gameplay screenshot image" categories.

For example, say I have a rom called "Asteroids" and the corresponding arts in "Box image", "Clear Logo Image", "Game title screenshot image", "Gameplay screenshot image", "Background image" and "Video"; all those categories will get picked up by the scrapper if I add a games folder, except the two categories "Game title screenshot image" and  "Gameplay screenshot image".

Could this possibly be fixed so it picks those two categories up as well?

• 5 weeks later...

@Jason Carr

Thank you for your reply. You are right, the "download missing media" option, if used offline at least, will rescan the local folders and repopulate the xml with it. Because of its name referring only to "download" I thought it would only download from the launchbox database what it had already deemed missing without checking/scraping those local folders again (a very minute suggestion, but maybe adding something to its name  would convey that it does more than just download, but that it also rescans locally)

Just to let you know however, but the scraper when using "import games" DOES indeed pick up images from the file system in some of the categories, 3 out of the 5 image categories to be exact. It does pick up images for "Box Image", "Clear Logo Image" and "Background Image", it's just missing them entirely in the "Game title screenshot image" and  "Gameplay screenshot image" categories.

41 minutes ago, Flyojumper said:

@Jason Carr

Thank you for your reply. You are right, the "download missing media" option, if used offline at least, will rescan the local folders and repopulate the xml with it. Because of its name referring only to "download" I thought it would only download from the launchbox database what it had already deemed missing without checking/scraping those local folders again (a very minute suggestion, but maybe adding something to its name  would convey that it does more than just download, but that it also rescans locally)

Just to let you know however, but the scraper when using "import games" DOES indeed pick up images from the file system in some of the categories, 3 out of the 5 image categories to be exact. It does pick up images for "Box Image", "Clear Logo Image" and "Background Image", it's just missing them entirely in the "Game title screenshot image" and  "Gameplay screenshot image" categories.

Ah, I see. Noted, thanks for that. I can probably add those into the import process as well.