LaunchBox Community Forums

cannot aim/move cross hairs when using DemulShooter to play 2 player.

thePiesR

I'm trying to get Virtual Cop 2 on model 2 to work with two aimtrak light guns. 

I followed Arcade Pirate's YouTube video "Setting up Sega Model 2 / Demul Shooter on Launchbox" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR-R2Kgl4Rc 

problem i's getting is once i change UseRawInput=0 to =1 the cross hairs are stuck to the edge of the screen. P1 gun with shoot and reload for P1 and the same for P2 but neither can aim. 

if I change UseRawInput back to 0 then the game works perfectly but only for player 1. if the player 2 aimtrak is pointed at the screen it will cause the crosshair to jitter but P2 aimtrak cant shoot or reload. 

I've been trying to find an answer and have tried a few things. I saw someone else had a similar issue and changing DrawCross=1 to DrawCross=0 to remove the visual of the crosshair fixed it for them and they were able to aim but that didnt work for me. 

First time using Demulshooter in launchbox so I'm sure it is a simple mistake 

the bat file I have to run demulshooter in launchbox is:     DemulShooter.exe -target=mode12 -rom=vcop2

I'm not sure if maybe this is where i went wrong or if there is something else i should try.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Necroing a thread but I run different guns (Sinden) but regardless of the gun, the proper setup for Model2 requires raw input to 0.  Setting it to 1 is bugging, especially when combining it with demulshooter since demulshooter will take care of your raw input. Just change it back to 0 and go from there.  

As for, adding Demulshooter as additional apps, you shouldn't need to do that if you are launching it from the batfile. I do run demulshooter as an additional app however in my build and that's cause i avoid using batfiles as much as possible for a cleaner setup. That setup however requires it's own type of setup which belongs in a different post. Good luck hope you all get it running properly. 

After trying for hours having the same issue I finally found the solution!

Obviously the latest version of demulshooter doesn´t work correctly. I used Demulshooter 7.1 and finally it worked! And in emulator.ini set rawinput to 1 and leave RawDevP1 to 0 and RawDevP2 to 1.

• 1 year later...