LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Not Saving Metadata Changes

Mozzers101

Hello all, I'm having a problem whereby Launchbox is not saving metadata changes I am making. By way of a little background, I am "cleaning" the metadata for the publisher and development fields, for example, removing "inc" and "co" etc.

I make a change by adding, say, "Software" to the Publisher field (see pic 1). I save the change and the field in the sidebar doesn't update as usual but the change shows on the details pane on the right (see pic 2). Once I click away to another publisher and back the change has "reverted" (see pic 3).

The issue is intermittent, sometimes changes do save properly but more often than not they don't.

If anyone has any thoughts on the cause or what I can do to stop this happening it would be appreciated!

LB Meta 1.jpg

LB Meta 2.jpg

LB Meta 3.jpg

The only time I've seen reports of this is when a user has been using Skraper and it places backup files in your Data folder that don't belong. Please go to your \\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\ folder and make sure there is only one file per platform and no files with a "-backup" suffix.

• Like 1

I wonder if the data is saving but your side bar just isn't refreshing properly. Your one image shows there is a mismatch between the data shown in the side bar and in Game Details. If you change sidebar filters from developer to platform, then back again does the value remove itself properly?

• Like 1

Unfortunately not, the change reverts as soon as I click on another game and click back. Changing the left sidebar filters doesn't help, again, the change reverts as soon as I click "away" onto something else. I've also tried changing the publisher via the "pencil" button and by using "ctrl+e". Using the bulk edit for multiple games has the same issue too.

What's equally perplexing is that it's intermittent - I had this issue the other day. Then it stopped happening and I thought it was fixed but it recurred again.

Can you move them out of there and try again and let me know if you still have the issue? I've seen some issues when using the configurator next plugin before, but I don't believe it was that exact issue. Also didn't think it worked or was needed with the newest version of that emulator (but admit I haven't looked into it very deeply so could be mistaken)

• Like 1

No change I'm afraid. Sounds a bit silly but could it be related to the new Plaform/Developer/Whatever view (see pic)? I'd been using a custom theme (which didn't utilise these views in the "Details Box")  until I recently reverted to using a default one.

LB Meta 6.jpg

Edited by Mozzers101

Interesting concept but I'm not sure how that would affect things. I'll do some testing on my end and see if I can replicate. In the meantime would it be possible for you to zip your entire data folder and PM it to me so I can use it for testing and see if I can replicate the issue on my end?

• Like 1

No probably not, I'm grasping at straws at this point!

PM is on it's way. Just one last thing, in case it helps. Usually when I make a change like this the left panel (Listing Publishers in this case) refreshes, and that doesn't seem to be happening. PM on it's way. Thanks so much for your time, I really do appreciate it.