LaunchBox Community Forums

Some user is trolling and messing in the database with the sapo xulé versions of some master system game, warning or ban needed please!

Freestate

Let's see how I can get this to the administrators. There are 3 master system games that had reissues adapted to the Brazilian market. First they were edited normally and then they were rebranded, changing the main character to a Brazilian cartoon character called sapo xule, with no further changes. These games are astro warrior, kung fu kid and Psycho Fox, which respectively were re-released with these minor changes as Sapo Xulé: S.O.S. Lagoa Poluida, Sapo Xulé O Mestre do Kung Fu and Sapo Xulé Vs Os Invasores do Brejo. In no case have we created extra entries for regional adaptations of any game, we know that this has been common in western adaptations of Japanese games based on manga and anime, such as hokuto no ken, ranma 1/2, dragon ball, etc.. even The snes jetson game was released in Japan with a total change in the sprites to adapt to the Japanese public as Youkai Buster, and the European change of the contras as a protector is also well known, transforming the stocky marines of the original into cyborgs style masamune shirow. I strongly request that a warning be given to that user who is insistently creating extra entries for Sapo xule and deleting their data from the correct entries created for master system. His attitude is one of trolling and total disrespect.

@faeran@C-Beats @Jason Carr

Edited by Freestate

• Freestate changed the title to Some user is trolling and messing in the database with the sapo xulé versions of some master system game, warning or ban needed please!

I can understand your point of view, but remember that the simple fact of requesting a ticket does not violate any rules. There are several sites allowed in the rules and many other extra-official,Which also treat it as separate games for having a different character. This has many interpretations and here all you have to do is apply the rules when moderating and double check. 

That is what is being talked about here:

Again, I reiterate that I respect your point of view, but I think it is not appropriate for the reason to provide a link to this post, what you have to do is provide the admissible sources that support the petition. I am only saying this as a constructive point, because it gives me the feeling that it seems that it is necessary to vote to unite them when there is also information that indicates the opposite. 

A greeting and my maximum respects.

5 hours ago, Getaway said:

I can understand your point of view, but remember that the simple fact of requesting a ticket does not violate any rules. There are several sites allowed in the rules and many other extra-official,Which also treat it as separate games for having a different character. This has many interpretations and here all you have to do is apply the rules when moderating and double check. 

That is what is being talked about here:

Again, I reiterate that I respect your point of view, but I think it is not appropriate for the reason to provide a link to this post, what you have to do is provide the admissible sources that support the petition. I am only saying this as a constructive point, because it gives me the feeling that it seems that it is necessary to vote to unite them when there is also information that indicates the opposite. 

A greeting and my maximum respects.

There's no point of keeping separate. Launchbox itself gives the oportunity of keep merged the different regional versions or keep separated, and all the data was added, included extra alternate naming, clear logos of the brazilian versions to avoid overlapping.  IIt is disheartening that at this point, after so many years and thousands of hours contributed to the community, despite having given solid reasons, the final decision depends on 3 users who click ok just because potatoe, because they are fed up or because another external page does not any relationship now turns out to be the maximum criterion. I myself have been a user of mobygames and gamefaqs and they had duplicate entries and I was the one who corrected them, they are not the holy grail. And there's enought proof looking at videos that thery are the same games with minor changes.

What annoys me is that we had the same ridiculous discussion years ago over a more extreme case. The first snes fighting ranma that in its American version changed all the graphics, in the end people were convinced that it was the same game, but I had to listen to everything, and it was not pretty.