LaunchBox Community Forums

Force Use of Alternate Names on ROMs

HisokaRyodan

Hey guys,

I have a rather strange question as my implementation of Launchbox is different then most. I have a separate Platform Category for each region, since I study Japanese and play all games exclusively in Japanese. The issue is, I want the roms to show up using their English name (or translation) instead of their Japanese name. This is for many reasons but lets take Xenogears for instance. The japanese name is ゼノギアス while the english name is Xenogears. I can read the Japanese titles no problem, but it gets sorted in order using the Japanese Albephet instead of the American. There is also other use cases where the technical name has Kanji in it, but the file is in Romanji so finding the games is rough and names in japanese using Kanji is actually the hardest thing lol.  But also, there are certain games that I only know of by the english, so if I want to play like The Evil Within, I have to know that the Japanese titles is Psycho Break.

I am aware you can go into each game, go to Alternate Names, select the english and hit 'Set Selected Name as Title' then OK, but I would have to do this for every Japanese entry on top of once you change that, it sets the scroll bar to the location where the new name exists, so for each game I have to scoll all the way down, select, change, scroll all the way down, etc. 

Is there a way to either force the use of alternative names, or some type of batch way to manually select the name used for each game? I don't mind doing this even the long way, but it would not be the most fun :) 

• Like 1