LaunchBox Community Forums

Display 3D model in my Theme

aruka

hello everyone, I'm currently working on a theme and I can't find the option to pass game images from 3Dbox to 3Dmodel, the latest super interesting big box feature! Could you help me please?

i would like this 3Dbox model view

i would like.png

i have actually

before.png

Edited by aruka

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2023 at 9:05 AM, C-Beats said:

Unsure if you are using the CTC or raw XAML but essentially all you'd need to do is replace the FlowImage control with a FlowModel one. You can take a look at the Default theme's coverflow views to get an idea as to how to do that

C-Beats can you expound on that or point me to a resource that discusses it? I've looked at the CoverFlowGamesView.xaml for Default theme and I don't find any ref to either FlowImage or FlowModel. 

I guess the bigger question first is...is the 3D box model available only as a wheel element only or can it be used anywhere in a theme? My end goal would be to replace an image in my theme that is currently 3D Box/Box with a 3D Model...not sure if that's even possible or supported. It doesn't appear CTC allows it from what I can gather.

Thx for any guidance.

10 hours ago, PiperCalls said:

C-Beats can you expound on that or point me to a resource that discusses it? I've looked at the CoverFlowGamesView.xaml for Default theme and I don't find any ref to either FlowImage or FlowModel. 

I guess the bigger question first is...is the 3D box model available only as a wheel element only or can it be used anywhere in a theme? My end goal would be to replace an image in my theme that is currently 3D Box/Box with a 3D Model...not sure if that's even possible or supported. It doesn't appear CTC allows it from what I can gather.

Thx for any guidance.

Apologies I had forgotten we changed default to use the CoverFactory again. Faeran's newest theme is built entirely around the FlowModel so should be several examples there.

FlowModel control can be used anywhere you can pass a game object to it in both LaunchBox and Big Box. You should be able to use the ImageView inside of the games view like default does. I'm unsure if the CTC exposes this view or not. By default this will render a model but does give the user the ability to shut the model off and just use a static image if they want. If you want to force the model be used you would just insert the FlowModel control there instead.