LaunchBox Community Forums

Menu Hierarchy Question

mumblecrust

I have read many posts and can't figure out how to get the menus in BigBox to show the way I want them.

I want the hierarchy to look like this, is this possible?

-Arcade

------All Games

------Favorites

------Golf Games

------Mario Games

------<some game gategory>

-Sega 32X

------All Games

------Favorites

-Nintendo GameCube

------All Games

------Favorites

Edited by mumblecrust

Big Box by default opens up to Platform View, what you want to do is change settings to use Platform Category view instead which allows for this type of heirarchy. The tree needs to be built in LaunchBox using it's Platform Category View though as you can't set that up in Big Box.

I get it now. I hide the Categories from BigBox and set the parent of the Platforms to Root. Then I can create my Playlists under each Platform.

Is there an easy way to hide all the games in the Platforms and only show the Playlists - and then have the games show when selecting the Playlists?

Edited by mumblecrust

Looks like it is not possible, I found this in another thread:
"There is no current way to hide a game from a platform but not playlists. You can remove a platform from the platform category view though. To do so edit the platform, go to the Parent tab and uncheck all the boxes."

Edited by mumblecrust