LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting game doesn't truly exit the game - NVIDIA Shield

Serpent

• 7 months later...

any luck??

I have same issue :(

even exiting retroarch into launchbox baffles me, are you not supposed to leave/exit/quit retroarch and return direct  back to launchbox ?

I dont think this is unreasonable to expect.

so sad i paid for launchbox android, seem useless for shield owners.

should have stayed on a real pc.

20 hours ago, fiskenDK said:

any luck??

I have same issue :(

even exiting retroarch into launchbox baffles me, are you not supposed to leave/exit/quit retroarch and return direct  back to launchbox ?

I dont think this is unreasonable to expect.

so sad i paid for launchbox android, seem useless for shield owners.

should have stayed on a real pc.

From what I can see, the OP doesn't close RetroArch, but returns to the home screen without closing it. Just like on a phone, if you go back to the home screen, the app continues to run in the background for a while.

There's 2 ways you can close RetroArch and return to LaunchBox.

1. Setting up a close combo button inside of RetroArch: In RetroArch go to Settings > Input > Hotkeys > Quit (Controller Combo) or just Quit, and set one up. Then from now on you can use this to close RetroArch and return back to LaunchBox.
  2. Use the RetroArch menu: By default RetroArch should have a key that opens its menus while you are playing the game. On most controllers this is usually mapped to the home button. You can choose what key is it by going to Settings > Input > Hotkeys > Menu Toggle (Controller Combo) or Menu Toggle. This will allow you to open up RetroArch's menu while playing a game, and navigating to the Main Menu and choosing to Quit RetroArch, which will then bring you back to LaunchBox.

There's actually a third way you can do it if you would like continue navigating around like in the OPs video. In LaunchBox, if you go into the platform and then into its Emulator settings, there's an option in there called: Quit RetroArch on Losing Focus (Makes it Easier to Launch New Games without Exiting RetroArch First). This option will then quit RetroArch when you leave RetroArch by any means (even if you don't quit it yourself).

14 hours ago, faeran said:

From what I can see, the OP doesn't close RetroArch, but returns to the home screen without closing it. Just like on a phone, if you go back to the home screen, the app continues to run in the background for a while.

9 Months Later...someone finally answers my questions. J/K 😁

On 9/12/2023 at 6:45 PM, fiskenDK said:

any luck??

But, to answer your question - what Admin typed was the problem I was running into. I eventually found the solution shortly after posting. I think I posted my issue on Reddit and someone responded.  Hence me not coming back to the forums since I didn't have any more issues. 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...