LaunchBox Community Forums

Did some file maintenance - Any way to "reimport" games list?

Medullah

Hey all -

I decided since I had a giant hard drive I would extract all the ISOs for my Playstation 2 games from ZIP so it didn't have to unpack every time.  It worked pretty great, except now when I go to play a game it says "game not found".  I was going to delete the PS2 platform and reimport, but it warns me that will delete games as well.  If I scan for new games, it doesn't find any because Launchbox sees all the games as existing.  Is there any way to just clear the PS2 game list and then import again, without deleting metadata?  

Edited by Medullah

I'm not sure what format your games are in after you extracted them, but you could do a find and replace on your platform XML for the Playstation 2 and replace the .zip extension with .chd or whatever you are using. DISCLAIMER. BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL.

image.thumb.png.b1b4a11f449b6867a1984264fee4ec8f.png

In my example I would probably update ".7z</ApplicationPath>" to ".chd</ApplicationPath>" if mine were in that format. I'm including that extra on the end to make sure I'm grabbing the exact bit that I need and not replacing things I didn't mean to. In theory that should work. If you have exported all of your games to individual folders however, that would complicate things and I'm not sure the best way to fix that.

As far as deleting and starting over, your games won't be deleted if you delete them from LaunchBox unless you have set this option.

image.thumb.png.0460e847450a8220ccbd954d6150ffb1.png

Anything you have customized to your list will be lost, but sometimes that is the easiest way.

Maybe someone else around here has some other bright idea or knows of a plugin or trick other than what I know, but figured I'd share what I'd do.

31 minutes ago, moudrost said:

I'm not sure what format your games are in after you extracted them, but you could do a find and replace on your platform XML for the Playstation 2 and replace the .zip extension with .chd or whatever you are using. DISCLAIMER. BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL.

image.thumb.png.b1b4a11f449b6867a1984264fee4ec8f.png

In my example I would probably update ".7z</ApplicationPath>" to ".chd</ApplicationPath>" if mine were in that format. I'm including that extra on the end to make sure I'm grabbing the exact bit that I need and not replacing things I didn't mean to. In theory that should work. If you have exported all of your games to individual folders however, that would complicate things and I'm not sure the best way to fix that.

As far as deleting and starting over, your games won't be deleted if you delete them from LaunchBox unless you have set this option.

image.thumb.png.0460e847450a8220ccbd954d6150ffb1.png

Anything you have customized to your list will be lost, but sometimes that is the easiest way.

Maybe someone else around here has some other bright idea or knows of a plugin or trick other than what I know, but figured I'd share what I'd do.

Thanks, this is the best route for me since my PS2 games weren't customized at all.  Arcade would be a bit different.  :D