LaunchBox Community Forums

teknoparrot reshade

latin625

Thanks.  I got reshade to load. so Im good now.  Trying to figure out how to chnage the resolution on transformers from 1280 x 720 to 1366 x 768. any ideas?

As for the solution, in case anyone wants to know...  Drop the reshader folder into the openparrot folder

Edited by latin625

34 minutes ago, latin625 said:

Thanks.  I got reshade to load. so Im good now.  Trying to figure out how to chnage the resolution on transformers from 1280 x 720 to 1366 x 768. any ideas?

As for the solution, in case anyone wants to know...  Drop the reshader folder into the openparrot folder

Just wondering, which Teknoparrot games were you able to use the reshader files with successfully? So far, every game I've tried runs 1920x1080 which eliminates the need for a bezel. However, I've only tried a handful of games, so I still need to do some more research on this

I just got Transformers to work with reshade.  Rambo is next. Going to do all the lightguns games and a few fighters for better look.  What game do you have to do?  Maybe I can take a shot here and let you know how I got it working.   Very little help or guides out there on this for sure.

Edited by latin625
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 1:29 AM, latin625 said:

I just got Transformers to work with reshade.  Rambo is next. Going to do all the lightguns games and a few fighters for better look.  What game do you have to do?  Maybe I can take a shot here and let you know how I got it working.   Very little help or guides out there on this for sure.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I'll do a little more research and try to find the games (soon) that are not 1920x1080 and could use bezels. 

Update on what I have found.

1. launch Reshade
2. select the .exe file for the game.  TecknoParrot likes to use game.exe, so find the right one to the game you want to reshade.
3. Pick rendering.  The list for each game is here: https://www.sindenwiki.org/wiki/Reshade
4. Make sure that the filter you pick is  SweetFx. It will let you turn the border on.
5. finish install
6. When you launch the game, you will see a small overlay on the top left hand side of the screen.  Press HOME to open it up
7. Select BORDERFX from the filters
8. 10 pixels or so and a white color will give you what you need for sinden guns to work.
9. Press home again to hide overlay

FIN

-----Games in order as tested and confirmed working-  UPDATED AS OF 2.18.23 ----

• Transformers Human Alliance : Only can play at 1280 x 720 . also onl works with reshade if you pick DirectX .  No opengl works
  • Too Spicy: Alt+B to get border  (No reshade needed)
  • Wartran Troopers: ALT + B  for Borders (No reshade needed)
  • Rambo: Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Aliens Armageddon Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Aliens Extermination Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Terminator Salvation : Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Action Deka: Reshade Only (Direct 9) Needed
  • FarCry Paradise Lost: ALT + B  for Borders (No reshade needed)
  • Dream Raiders : ALT + B  for Borders (No reshade needed)
Edited by latin625
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 5:10 PM, latin625 said:

Update on what I have found.

1. launch Reshade
2. select the .exe file for the game.  TecknoParrot likes to use game.exe, so find the right one to the game you want to reshade.
3. Pick rendering.  The list for each game is here: https://www.sindenwiki.org/wiki/Reshade
4. Make sure that the filter you pick is  SweetFx. It will let you turn the border on.
5. finish install
6. When you launch the game, you will see a small overlay on the top left hand side of the screen.  Press HOME to open it up
7. Select BORDERFX from the filters
8. 10 pixels or so and a white color will give you what you need for sinden guns to work.
9. Press home again to hide overlay

FIN

-----Games in order as tested and confirmed working-  UPDATED AS OF 2.18.23 ----

• Transformers Human Alliance : Only can play at 1280 x 720 . also onl works with reshade if you pick DirectX .  No opengl works
  • Too Spicy: Alt+B to get border  (No reshade needed)
  • Wartran Troopers: ALT + B  for Borders (No reshade needed)
  • Rambo: Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Aliens Armageddon Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Aliens Extermination Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Terminator Salvation : Demulshooter and Reshade Needed
  • Action Deka: Reshade Only (Direct 9) Needed
  • FarCry Paradise Lost: ALT + B  for Borders (No reshade needed)
  • Dream Raiders : ALT + B  for Borders (No reshade needed)

I just setup Rambo, but it's working fine with 2 players and no demulshooter. But,  I noticed the crosshairs are off and need calibrated. Are yours OK? I have the service and test keys set but they don't do anything to get into any service menu. I know it's not the sindens because the mouse cursor is dead on accurate, but the crosshairs are offset by a bit...

Edited by maxforwardspeed
  • Game On 1

@maxforwardspeed

Awesome to hear!  Great game too!
Mine were off too.  Had to manually adjust them in the Sinden Config app. This video should help explain it  (10:42 mark).  Let me know how it works out!

Ill look into the service keys stuff tonight.  Send you what I find.  You can setup mostly everything from TeknoParrot.  What are you trying to get to?  Calibration?

Edited by latin625

2 minutes ago, latin625 said:

@maxforwardspeed

Awesome to hear!  Great game too!
Mine were off too.  Had to manually adjust them in the Sinden Config app. This video should help explain it  (10:42 mark).  Let me know how it works out!

Cool thanks.  Yeah my Sindens are accurate and calibrated with the actual mouse cursor like in the video. But the blue and red game crosshairs are off from where the actual mouse cursor is pointing in the Rambo game itself. Hopefully that makes sense, I'll see if I can get a screenshot later

No problem!

Take a look at this too: https://www.sindenwiki.org/wiki/TeknoParrot

It is the guide I used for Teknoparrot and here is the one specific to RAMBO: https://www.sindenwiki.org/wiki/TeknoParrot#Rambo

You have your resolution set to 1360 x 760, yes?  I think if you make it higher, it may start to bug out.  If you go with a higher res, make sure you check the custom resolution checkbox.

Edited by latin625

17 minutes ago, latin625 said:

Oh!  one more thing!  I read that you are NOT using demulshooter.  I use it on my setup.  Try it with Demulshooter.  My crosshairs were going everywhere on Transformers and Rambo without it. 

Also, check light glare or reflections too.

Yeah I was trying to get into the in-game service menu for calibration. I'll see if Demulshooter helps since I'm not having any luck finding that menu. Using the resolution you mentioned too. Let me know what you find, thanks man!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latin625 said:

Below are the AHK and XML for the game. Also, unclick the emulator in "Launching" as that is not needed. 

I run Demul "before application" in Launchbox too.  Let me know how it works out. 

Rambo.ahk 509 B · 2 downloads

Rambo.xml 43.19 kB · 0 downloads

Ah, OK I thought you ran demulshooter from the same ahk script as the game. What are the command line parameters you have for launching demulshooter so it hooks onto Rambo? 

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with work lately. As far as demulshooter goes it needs to have a target application and rom specified since it's usually run as a command line program. Just running the app without any arguments specified will likely not do anything at all. Most of the games that need demulshooter I will launch using an ahk because it seems a lot cleaner. Here's an example of my Sega Model 2 ahk for House of the Dead. I did some additional testing with the Transformers and Rambo games and they are working fine just using the border button, nothing extra needed. However, for some reason it's the Player 2 crosshairs that don't align properly, so I just created a separate lightgun.exe with the calibration adjustments for that game. Let me know if that helps at all, thanks for trying to get that service menu working! (It appears to not exist)

• Game On 1