LaunchBox Community Forums

Images downloaded based on criteria

DeadVoivod

I already had several times strange fanart download results, don't know exactly if they came now from the LB database or EmuMovies. How does the fanart get fetched, on which criteria? Sometimes it could make sense as the game name of the downloaded image is close to the one you downloaded images for, f.ex. Mystery House and Mystery Murder downloading the same fanart image, but just now I had a Spider-Man picture for Ms. Pac-Man. I understand that there's the -man in both, so I was wondering how strong the search criteria picks images. 

Ha, on NBA Jam: Tournament Edition I had a picture of Pikachu, I guess it's the Tournament Edition word that was the culprit. 

Edited by DeadVoivod

• DeadVoivod changed the title to Images downloaded based on criteria

The LB database only pulls images/metadata from the name-based entry that you matched with. The LB ID number can be found in the upper right corner of the edit screen (ctrl-e). If you click on that number, it will take you to the metadata in LB database.

Image1.thumb.png.6a8664c9dad1cd6c6e692d018e350cd2.png

Edited by jakew

21 hours ago, jakew said:

The LB database only pulls images/metadata from the name-based entry that you matched with. The LB ID number can be found in the upper right corner of the edit screen (ctrl-e). If you click on that number, it will take you to the metadata in LB database.

I know that 😉 That was not the question.

Edited by DeadVoivod