LaunchBox Community Forums

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition Xarcade Xinput

latin625

I can load the xarcade input.exe as an additional application before the game starts to get xinput working. However, when I exit the game, I can not close the arcade input application (xarcade input.exe).

I have an ahk script that is this to launch the app: (I run the shortcut to avoid issues with the CMD window)

Sleep 15000
RunWait, "D:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\xarcade-xinput\XArcade XInput.exe - Shortcut"--skip-ui
ExitApp

Here is my script that I automatically run after the main application:

if WinExist("XArcade XInput.exe - Shortcut")
    WinClose ; Use the window found by WinExist.
ExitApp

Shouldn't it close the application?  Is there a better way to run this as possibly one script?  Load the app and on exit, close / terminate the app?
Im still learning AHK scripts, so apologies for the bad code.

You could put everything into one AHK script then compile it into a .exe. Then point to the launcher .exe as the game exe in LB. The launcher would start Xinput, then SFV, and shut down Xinput when SFV is closed.

Below is what I use. It is years old and simplest form as I am not overly concerned about seamless environment so it works for my needs:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#SingleInstance, Force
#Persistent

Run D:\LaunchBox\Xarcade Xinput\XArcade XInput.exe
Sleep, 5000
Run, StreetFighterV.exe
Sleep, 1000

SetTimer, ProcessCheckTimer, 2000
Return

ProcessCheckTimer:
Process, Exist, StreetFighterV.exe
pid1 := ErrorLevel
If (!pid1)
         {
	 Process, Close, XArcade XInput.exe
         ExitApp
         }
Return

Whatever exact scripting you need for your set-up (paths, sleep times) just write them as one ahk file (Name whatever you want). Save it and then right click and choose "Compile Script". The new exe that was just created point LB to that. No need for an additional app and the original game exe. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks! 🏆 Works like a charm!  Very cool script that I will modify for use with other x arcade required games. 

Made some updates to hide the cmd windows and browser interface when launching the game

My current script:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
#SingleInstance, Force
#Persistent

Run "D:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\xarcade-xinput\XArcade XInput.exe - Shortcut" --skip-ui
Sleep, 5000
Run, D:\LaunchBox\Games\PC Games\Street Fighter V - Champion Edition\StreetFighterV\Binaries\Win64\StreetFighterV.exe
Sleep, 1000

Return

ProcessCheckTimer:
If (!pid1)
         {
         ExitApp
         }
Return

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just an Update...  That Shortcut in the script is critical.  It will not work (at least for me) without it.  Make a shortcut to the XArcade Xinput.exe, then add that location to the script.  Stiil very cool to see this working, just had to remember that trick. 

Also steamapps on your windows drive is where all the games are downloaded to from steam, in case you need to update the location of the game.  GAME ON!

STEAM CODE UPDATE FOR ME:

#SingleInstance, Force
#Persistent

Run "F:\Tools\xarcade-xinput\XArcade XInput.exe - Shortcut" --skip-ui
Sleep, 5000
Run, F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Binaries\Win64\StreetFighterV.exe
Sleep, 1000

Return

ProcessCheckTimer:
If (!pid1)
         {
         ExitApp
         }
Return