LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame

Bitoldschool

I am having trouble not just with Mame but I can pull up my game but then every time I have to go in to the directory and find it. And reload it out of the correct core? How can I get this to do it automatically and save it to our? I don't have to change it every time.  Thanks

On 3/6/2023 at 1:13 PM, Bitoldschool said:

I am having trouble not just with Mame but I can pull up my game but then every time I have to go in to the directory and find it. And reload it out of the correct core? How can I get this to do it automatically and save it to our? I don't have to change it every time.  Thanks

I'm not fully following you here. Can you explain the issue more clearly?

2 minutes ago, Bitoldschool said:

Every time i have to go in and find the correct emulator and rom on retroarch in launch box. How do i lock it in so i don't have to go back into retroarch Every time to change paths.

Are you using LaunchBox for Android to launch your games?

5 minutes ago, Bitoldschool said:

Yes, and everything works , just having to go into the retroarch to find the correct emulator to launch it. So when i click on a game , i can play instead of going into retroarch to find the correct emulator for each game. I feel ignorant. Lol

Okay, it should be automatically launching the games. I'm guessing maybe you have a different MAME emulator core selected in LaunchBox than what you have downloaded in RetroArch. So you probably just need to go in and download the correct MAME core.

It sounds like he is launching retroarch, the emulator, through launchbox, but not attaching it to any roms, so it's just pulling up retroarch.  Does that sound like what is happening, bitoldschool?  If that is the case you may not have run the MAME rom importer yet?

Edited by Drybonz
  • Like 1