LaunchBox Community Forums

just need help making a AHK for virtua cop 3 please

sirgubster9

I have this for wild west shootout and it works great, took me forever to make it, because I know very little about ahk and batch files.  Can you please help me convert this over to virtua cop 3 using cxbx.  Need it to do all the same stuff except I dont care about that x button part and i need to add in that it needs to go full screen.  Can you help me out?  Ive tried to convert this over many many times and Im obviously doing it wrong.  

CowPath = C:\non rom games\wild west shootout\CowBoy.exe        
        Run RunAs /trustlevel:0x20000 "%CowPath%"

run C:\DemulShooter_v10.9.0\DemulShooter.exe -target=coastal -rom=wws

sleep, 10000

Send !1

X::            ;EXIT BUTTON
Esc::
send !1    
Process,Close,CowBoy.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "CowBoy.exe" /F
    ExitApp

return
#IfWinActive

26 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Are you sure you can't run it without all this?

Once you switch to full screen (Alt-Enter) in cxbx, it should start in full screen after that.

Also you can start Demulshooter as an Additional App that runs before cxbx.exe,

Working perfectly fine with just that for me,

i did have it working as well but now I have sinden guns so im trying to have the bars pop up and close down as well

Are you running cbx in exclusive full screen?  Because I push alt enter and it does go full screen but then when I run it again next time its small again.  The emulator that you are pointing launchbox to is cxbx loader right?

ya I had demulshooter and i had it running as a seperate setup, but i just figured I could combine it all, but I can definitely break it back out again.  

1 hour ago, sirgubster9 said:

i did have it working as well but now I have sinden guns so im trying to have the bars pop up and close down as well

I replaced my SIndens with Gun4IR guns, but couldn't you also start the Sinden as an Additional App that runs before the emulator as well?

1 hour ago, sirgubster9 said:

Are you running cbx in exclusive full screen?  Because I push alt enter and it does go full screen but then when I run it again next time its small again.  The emulator that you are pointing launchbox to is cxbx loader right?

Yes to both questions. Maybe check your Settings.ini file (of cxbx) and see if full screen is set to true.

3 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

I replaced my SIndens with Gun4IR guns, but couldn't you also start the Sinden as an Additional App that runs before the emulator as well?

Yes to both questions. Maybe check your Settings.ini file (of cxbx) and see if full screen is set to true.

Sinden games are running but I have to have those white bars pop up. 

How are those gun4irs? I didn't even know they existed until recently. I'm not super happy with the sinden but now Ive already spent all the cash. 

7 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

Sinden games are running but I have to have those white bars pop up. 

Doesn't the Sinden App add those? You can also use Reshade to add a bezel. I use it for a true bezel and works perfectly.

7 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

How are those gun4irs? I didn't even know they existed until recently. I'm not super happy with the sinden but now Ive already spent all the cash. 

Love them. My issue when I got the Sindens, was they are huge. Too big for the children and tiring after holding for a long game play session.

Also, at the time my cabinet just had an Intel i3 based system and I was concerned about the extra overhead of running the software, No extra software on the Gun4IRs as all the computation is done on the guns Arduino CPU.

7 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Doesn't the Sinden App add those? You can also use Reshade to add a bezel. I use it for a true bezel and works perfectly.

Love them. My issue when I got the Sindens, was they are huge. Too big for the children and tiring after holding for a long game play session.

Also, at the time my cabinet just had an Intel i3 based system and I was concerned about the extra overhead of running the software, No extra software on the Gun4IRs as all the computation is done on the guns Arduino CPU.

Don't know how to use reshader and no the app doesn't add those unless you turn them on which is what I'm trying to do. I got demul shooter working as batch file as you suggested as additional app thank you. 

Got a hot key running that turns full screen now using alt enter and then turns on the bars using alt 1 as well which is great! But for some reason as soon as I click the gun or a mouse button the bars go away now? So maybe I should look into this reshader you are talking about. Can you point me in the right direction? 

Edited by sirgubster9

5 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

Don't know how to use reshader and no the app doesn't add those unless you turn them on which is what I'm trying to do. I got demul shooter working as batch file as you suggested as additional app thank you. 

Got a hot key running that turns full screen now using alt enter and then turns on the bars using alt 1 as well which is great! But for some reason as soon as I click the gun or a mouse button the bars go away now? So maybe I should look into this reshader you are talking about. Can you point me in the right direction? 

It's as simple as moving the files into the emulator folder and adding your bezel. I believe the Sinden wiki has a guide and bezel files ready to download.