LaunchBox Community Forums

Running Android Launchbox from SD card

tallpr24

On 3/11/2023 at 9:49 PM, tallpr24 said:

I cant figure out how to install launchbox on my samsung s10 plus to external sd card.  it only installs to the internal card.

does anyone know how i can run launchbox from sd card?

Are you trying to run the actual app from your SD card, or relocate your LaunchBox folder to it?

2 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

either, the galaxy s9 only has 64 gb of internal storage, it quicly filled up after downloading all the video snaps.   i was hoping i could launbox from the sd card, but i read in another post that its not possible with android 10 and above.

2 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

it would be nice if there was an option in launchbox to at least point to the sd card for media like the way retroarch does.  retro arach allows you to store the bezels/overlays in a different section like an sd card 

You should be able to use your SD card for the LaunchBox folder, yes. There are probably some broken devices that don't allow this properly, but they should be few and far between. You can change the folder by going to Options > Data Folder, and follow the instructions.

On 3/15/2023 at 6:17 AM, tallpr24 said:

I followed the instructions and moved the folder to my sd card, and now launchbox will not launch.  i had re install it again .  i have a samsung galaxy s9 plus running android 10.

@tallpr24 I just tested this on my devices and didn't run into any issues. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. Both are running later versions of Android though than Android 10. Unfortunately I don't currently have anything running Android 10 to test with, but I also don't know why it shouldn't be working, because we used to test on Android 10 without issues. But I guess all I can figure for the moment is that maybe there's an issue with Android 10 or with that device. Sorry I don't have better news.

hey Jason, no worries, thanks for your help.  i just ordered an old s20 plus from ebay.  going to try all this on that device.  Cant wait, not going to lie, running launchbox on a mobile phone, its really freaking awesome.  cant belive i didnt try this before. was using hacked nintendo switch to run retro games.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

hey Jason, no worries, thanks for your help.  i just ordered an old s20 plus from ebay.  going to try all this on that device.  Cant wait, not going to lie, running launchbox on a mobile phone, its really freaking awesome.  cant belive i didnt try this before. was using hacked nintendo switch to run retro games.  

Nice, yeah, that should work well. Great to hear. :)