LaunchBox Community Forums

Best Mame Rom Set for compatibility with Android

tallpr24

I finally got around to setting up launchbox with my android phone.  works great!  the issue im having is that im using mame rom set .253 and using the mame4droid,and several different android mame apps to run the mame roms.  Some of the roms dont work with these mame applications for android.  I read in several forums that the android mame applications are not compatible with the lates rom sets.  Does any one have any experience on what is the best mame rom set to use with android as far as compatibility ?

20 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

i noticed an option for mame4all, but after i download and install mame4all , when i launch the game with launchbox, i get an error that mame4all is not installed even though it is

I'm guessing that mame4all must have changed its launching settings here at some point. I'll have to play with it and see if I can get it to launch. It might be a while though on that.