LaunchBox Community Forums

Severe lag, please help

killa7977

Ok, now i'm almost 100% sure. It was AMD Freesync from amd suite. I dont know why (but i would to know) It causes this kind of conflict with both launchbox and bigbox. And why the older LB 8.4 was not affected. Who knows .... Glad It was not an hardware issue, quite frankly i never believe It was. So, some of you were right, it was some kind of conflict between "drivers". Anyhow, It would be cool to know why this happened. Let me know, and most of all, thanks to everybody for the patience. I appreciate

Older version used .NET Framework and an older version of Direct X (9 I believe) that probably didn't send the signals FreeSync uses to determine what the app's "refresh rate" is to make the determination. FreeSync being on for an app like WPF that only actually refreshes the GPU buffer when there is a UI change (opposed to a game that does it as fast as possible regardless if there was any changes) could cause some weird issues like what you were seeing potentially. I've not really ran the software to know of all it's weird quirks and how to get around them.

Thats great news, was hoping thats what you found. Not gonna lie, we were getting to the point where I was worried it might be hardware. now you can get back to doing what you do best. killin'.

Edited by KingSlayer420