LaunchBox Community Forums

Not sure how to get gog and steam management to work

Bluddy

It seems really hard to find information about this online. I believe Launchbox is now able to install and uninstall games. However, when I set up my gog account, I don't see a gog icon next to the game pics, nor do I see any uninstalled games to install.

I'd love to get some help with this feature.

This functionality only works with games imported via the Steam or GOG importer as we need the app IDs of the storefront to make it work. It also only installs games via Steam or GOG Galaxy and can't be used to run installers you have downloaded for DRM free games from GOG.

9 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This functionality only works with games imported via the Steam or GOG importer as we need the app IDs of the storefront to make it work. It also only installs games via Steam or GOG Galaxy and can't be used to run installers you have downloaded for DRM free games from GOG.

This is how I expected it to be and how I imported the games.

19 minutes ago, Bluddy said:

This is how I expected it to be and how I imported the games.

Then you should have the option available to you in the game's right click menu. Depending on the theme the options appear in Game Details as well. You DO also need the appropriate clients installed. Steam or GOG Galaxy needs to be installed on your machine for that functionality to work.