LaunchBox Community Forums

Noob Questions :)

patientFool

Hi All!

I have some questions that hopefully some of you can help with..

1. somehow I configured bigbox so that it jumps straight into my favorites playlist which is great. However, I can no longer back up a level to pull up the bigbox config menu. I forget how I did that nor how I was planning to go to that menu if I needed to. anyone know how I can get back to seeing the root bigbox config menu?
  2. is there a way to mute the volume while in big box via a keyboard shortcut?
  3. when I launch a game and am in mame, how do I exit and get back to bigbox? Currently I have to have my keyboard plugged in and have to hit the escape key. do I map the escape key to one of the console buttons or better yet some combination of them?
  4. when in mame is there a way to adjust the volume up/down using keyboard or controller shortcuts? dropping to the windows desktop to adjust the volume from the taskbar isn't great.
  5. how do i quit bigbox itself without using a keyboard? currently i have to alt-tab and use a mouse to close the application. I'm sure there is a better way to do this. some controller multibutton combo perhaps?

Thx!

1. Hold the back button
2. Not at the moment, you'd need to just keep pressing the "Decrease Volume" binding
3. Bind the "Close Active Window" option to keyboard or controller in LaunchBox. This will then close MAME when pressed.
4. Bind the Increase/Decrease Volume bindings. If using keyboard you need to use the "Keyboard Automation" menu to set the binding while not in LaunchBox
5. Go to options menu and then go to "Exit" to close Big Box. You can also bind this for keyboard or controller as well.